DESTINATIONS CAREER PROGRAM
Get Ahead of the Curve
Everyone is looking for ways to ensure they stand out in a crowd of applicants. By exploring your business options now, you can get a leg up on the competition.
Which pathway is offered?
General Management — This pathway prepares students to lead and manage others, improve processes and policies, and manage a range of personnel issues and concerns while focusing on the bottom line.
Test drive a business and marketing course!
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Business Consultant
- Human Resources Manager
- Promotions Manager
- Public Relations Manager
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- Administrative Assistant—$39,850/year
- Human Resources Manager—$116,720/year
- Public Relations Manager—$116,180
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 10, 2020.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- ACT National Career Readiness Certification
- A*S*K Entrepreneurship/Management
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI General Management Exam)
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)