Test Drive a Business and Marketing Course!
Which pathways are offered?
- General Management—This pathway prepares students to lead and manage others, improve processes and policies, and manage a range of personnel issues and concerns while focusing on the bottom line.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Business Consultant
- Human Resources Manager
- Promotions Manager
- Public Relations Manager
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- Administrative Assistant—$38,880/year
- Human Resources Manager—$113,300/year
- Public Relations Manager—$114,800
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Wednesday, September 4, 2019. Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
Which industry-recognized certification exams can my student prepare for?†
- ACT National Career Readiness Certification
- A*S*K Entrepreneurship/Management
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI General Management Exam)
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)
†Many Microsoft® Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who attend Destinations for at least two years in their desired pathway will have further exposure to career readiness education courses to be prepared for certification testing.